Tuesday 27 January 2009

[Events] Games Conventions


Hey its Rory,

Just thought i'd add a post saying where I am going this year in terms of conventions and festivals regarding technology and games. I'll be taking my camera to both and update the blog when possible.

First of all im going to the i36 tournament or the newly dubbed name of the "M Festival", which is regarded as the Glastonbury of gaming in the UK. It's main attraction is the Bring Your Own Computer LAN Event, which is the largest in the UK. The second attraction is the Exhibitors hall where the latest hardware and gadget's is shown. I'll be attending all weekend, its my first i-tournament so I thought I'd rent a Turn up and Play place where I rent a computer, rather than taking down my own box. If your interested in attending the website address is here.
This takes place from the 10th to the 13th of April.

Here's a Promo Video of the event:



Secondly I am going to the Leipzig Games Convention, in Germany, this hasn't been booked yet but I hope to book in the next month or so. This takes place between the 19th and 23rd of August, I will probably attend all days. There will be lots of publicity about this event and has seemed to supercede E3. Lots of games are annonced and first screens and video's are normally published at this event. I really look forward to going to this. If all goes well I will try and get tickets for PAX and E for All either in 2009 or 2010.

Links:
i36
M Festival
PAX (Penny Arcade Expo)
E for All
Leipzig Games Convention

No comments: